Tuesday, July 7, 2009

About Me

Hi, my name is Noah Syed, and I'm about to be a senior at TCU as a writing major and math minor but my real passion is writing, composing, and engineering some raw underground hip-hop tracks free for the open public. There's too much of my love in it to keep it hidden for monetary reasons. I hail from Albany, NY which is inexplicably the capital of the state, and happens to only be half an hour from the Catskills where the fictitious Rip Van Winkle lived and slept. I am taking this course because I am game to read over the summer. A long time ago, I lost interest with books and reading, but my enjoyment is rekindling.

I came to TCU because it was always my dream to be in the state of Texas, as culturally different as it was. I applied to 7 schools here, 2 in New York, and 1 in Massacusetts. As soon as I got accepted to a school in Texas, there was nothing that was going to hold me back from going. If I was made chancellor of TCU, the tuition drops immediately, but hopefully not at the expense of our athletics which are relatively top notch for such a small institution. Aesthetically pleasing parking garages would be erected, and moving sidewalks would be the next job for construction. As you can see, although I'm very lean, walking is my enemy. :)

A good teacher engages in discussion to the point where it's driven into our skulls that contributing to the discussion is vital and very constructive to learning whether it is optional or not. A good student should be able to somewhat pull off a Lead Classroom Respondent session nearly everyday of the July-mester, even with little time for preparation.

If I could have dinner with three people living or dead, I would pick Giada Delaurentis so she can cook as well as have dinner. I would then choose Tony Parker who is my current favorite player in the NBA, and last but not least I would pick Phonte from my favorite rap group Little Brother because of his musical mentality. I wouldn't pick anyone dead, because I'm terrified of ghosts.

Three key points to know about yours truly, is that I love my Spurs and I talk about the NBA like it's my religion and pastoral obligation. I love to dress nice with a little urban flavor. I'm NOT a collar popping, top sidering, khaki donning, smock wearing frat boy. I honestly would like to know one thing about y'all. Have you ever been to New York City? If no, you should schedule a trip sometime this year or next year. You won't regret it because NYC is that amazing.

The writing I primarily do is lyrical. I love punchlines, wordplay, double entendre's, whatever. The meter and beat keeps the poetry challenging and structured. I think highly of my lyrical writing at this point, but that isn't to say that I couldn't improve. That would be very far from the truth. However, I've been writing hip-hop lyrics and hooks since I was in the 8th grade. Now I'm a senior in college, so my writing better be something to write home about (lol).

The point of this blog is to follow my mental compass and seek it's path to analytical thinking about some Major American writers and their stories. It should be fun because my mind is a trip and I can think abstractly. What can I say? I am an aspiring artist. They say artists are weird, but I just think we explore the darkest depths.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Noah,

    Welcome to the class! I'm impressed with your blog and like the photo-- good friends and good community are important.

    I actually laughed out loud when you said you wanted to eat dinner with Giada Delaurentis. One of my friends swears he will marry her. I, personally, prefer the culinary stylings of Rachel Ray. It's a bit of a competition between us as to who is the better Food Network star.

    I hope you enjoy the class. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Happy blogging!

    AI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noah,

    I think that it's crazy that you left NYC to attend school here in Texas. What about Texas attracted you here? Living in Texas for about 15 years I can't image why anyone would leave NYC to come here. Don't get me wrong I'm glad your here and you like it here, I just don't see why anyone would leave. I would love to go to NYC. I think it would be a culture shock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you are full of energy and potential men. Hope for you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Noah. I'm glad to see I have a fellow Spurs fan in my class. Coming from San Antonio to the DFW area, it seems like all I hear are Mavs fans talking about how much they hate the Spurs and all. This past year was pretty rough, especially losing to them in the first round, but R.C. Buford did a great job this offseason in acquiring Jefferson as well as McDyess a day ago, plus DeJuan Blair was a steal in the draft. They were originally going to pick up Mcclinton with their first pick, but since Blair was still on the board they got him instead, just to get Mcclinton later on, which is awesome. We're back.

    ReplyDelete